Although it is an easy dish to make, many people are quite unsuccessful in making proper meatballs. Store-bought meatballs are no match for our homemade meatballs recipe. It is easy to follow, and you can tweak it to your taste.
This recipe is bulletproof if you follow it to the T, and you can make it fairly quickly. Especially if you are planning a party, these meatballs should have a place on your table. Additionally, you do not need to spend lots of money on the ingredients to get a great result.
You should also read: The best Party Theme Ideas Ever – Check it out
One of the most important points, though, is to use beef minced meat. The flavor cannot compare to other types of minced meat, although you can use any kind you like with a few adjustments. Also, in case you bought frozen minced meat, it is better to put it in the fridge the previous day to thaw. On the other hand, you could use a microwave, but you need to pay close attention as it is really easy to end up cooking the meat there.
Another point to pay attention too is the fat ratio. For best results, you should use 20% fat; the fat makes a less dense meatball that will not give you a heavy feeling after consumption. If you head to your local butcher, we are sure s/he will be able to help you out choosing the best part.
Do you know the answer to the following question? How do you get perfect boiled eggs?
Utensils you will need to use
The utensils that we need for this recipe are lying around in your kitchen and are very easy to clean. Obviously, you will need a good baking pan, a bowl, a sharp knife, and parchment paper.
- 400 grams minced meat (beef)
- 1 egg
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tbsp thyme
- 1/2 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 30 grams bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven at 180ο C using the fan function.
- Then, finely chop the garlic.
- Now, in a bowl, mix together all the ingredients until well incorporated. (Use salt and pepper to taste).
- Place a piece of parchment paper on the baking pan.
- Using your hands, form small balls with the meat and place them on the baking pan.
- Finally, bake for 15-17 minutes; As ovens might different keep an eye on the meatballs.
- Remove from pan and let cool for a few minutes.