After a good meal, there are two things to help you complete the ultimate dining experience, a classic creme brulee, and a good coffee. Creme brulee is the perfect dessert as it is light, flavorful, and in our case, very easy to make at home.
Don’t miss: Top 8 Party Themes Ideas
What is creme brulee?
The first recipe of creme brulee appeared in 1691, originated from France. This dessert consists of a very rich, flavorful custard, topped by a layer of caramelized sugar.
Even though the original, classic creme brulee has a vanilla flavor, nowadays, there is a variety of flavorings. In our homemade, easy recipe for creme brulee, we will stick to the classic vanilla flavor.
This might interest you: The Best Baked Salmon Recipe
Creme brulee Thermomix
Busy schedule? Don’t want to bother with mixing and cooking, but still want to try our classic creme brulee easy recipe? No problem. As technology progresses, every day, we find machines that make our lives easier. One of these, and my personal favorite, is Thermomix.
Thermomix is an all-in-one machine that you can use for kneading, chopping, grating, mixing, milling, juicing, steaming, blending, whipping, stirring, weighing, and precise heating. The most satisfying model for me is the TM6, which also has slow cooking and fermentation functions.
For this incredible dessert, we do not need a lot of utensils. We are going to use a pot, a bowl, a whisk, a rubber spatula, ramekins, and a butane torch.
- 250 grams heavy whipped cream (35% fat)
- 75 grams milk
- 80 grams granulated sugar + 15 grams for serving
- 3 egg yolks (medium eggs)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- First, we need to preheat the oven at 100
℃using the air assistance function.
- Now, take the pot and pour in the heavy whipped cream, the milk, half the sugar, and the vanilla extract.
- Give it a good stir and let the mixture come to a boil.
- As we wait for the mixture to heat, place the egg yolks in a bowl, along with the rest of the sugar and whisk for 3-4 minutes in order to dissolve the sugar as much as possible.
- Once the mixture in the pot starts to boil, take it off the heat and pour it, slowly, in the bowl while whisking at the same time. This is important as we do not want the egg yolks to cook.
- Next, move the mixture into the pot once again over low heat.
- Gently, mix it with a rubber spatula for 20 seconds and remove it from the stove.
- Then, pour the mixture equally into 4 ramekins and bake for minutes.
- Once the time is up, remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- Before serving, sprinkle 1 tbsp of sugar on each ramekin and torch it to caramelize the sugar.